Questions about our Universal Support Bolts (USBs):
How do I select the correct USB size for my bike?
Clamp sizes are maximum diameter.
To find out what size USB you should order, follow these easy steps:
- Take a string around the area you want to place the USB and measure the length of the string - This number is the circumference.
- (Example: String is 5.5 inches long)
- Once you have the length of the string (circumference), divide that number by 3.14 (pi) - This number is the diameter.
- (Example: 5.5 inches / 3.14 = 1.75)
- Use the diameter to determine the correct size;
- 1 1/8 USB = 1.125 maximum diameter
- 1 3/8 USB= 1.375 maximum diameter
- 1 5/8 USB = 1.625 maximum diameter
- 2 USB = 2 maximum diameter
- (Example: When the diameter is 1.75 order the 2in USB)
What size nuts are the USBs sold with?
They are metric M5x .8
What is the width of the metal straps of the Universal Support Bolt?
8mm or 5/16"
What do you recommend using them for?
These work for great attaching water bottle cages to areas on your bike that don’t already have support holes!
We don’t recommend using them to attach a rack to your bike.
Are the USBs sold in pairs or sold individually?
They are sold individually.
How should I mount them on my bike?
We suggest electrical tape or cloth rim strip to protect the frame or fork legs. Rubber inner tube will lead to clamp breakage. Tighten clamp after use.
Questions about shipping:
What is standard for domestic shipping?
Domestic shipping is a flat rate of $4.
Where do you ship internationally? How long does it take?
We ship anywhere in the world for the flat rate $12 shipping!
- There are delays causing international shipping to take anywhere from 4 – 6 weeks.
- Some locations have restrictions due to COVID-19. A full list can be found here.
How are items shipped?
We ship via USPS for domestic and international orders.
Questions about colored cages:
Do you sell your titanium products anodized (colored)?
We don’t personally, but we sell to another local Durango company that does! The company is Agave Finishworks, the website can be found here.
What about the stainless steel cages finished in different colors?
This is another item we don’t sell but have a local Durango company that does, Myth Cycle. These cages can be found online here.
Questions about everything else:
Can I buy the Iris Cage in Titanium?
Unfortunately, we can’t make the Iris Cage in Titanium. The metal we use to make the titanium cages won’t do the required bend.
Will the Iris Cage with with a a bottle type other then a non-cycling bottle?
Yes, they work with Klean Kanteen™ 27oz or 16oz insulated waterbottles.
Will it mark or scratch my painted bottle?
Since it is a tight fit, the cage will scratch the paint on metal bottles.
How much weight does the Many Things Cage hold?
We have tested it with up to 2 liters of water in a 40oz Klean Kanteen™ bottle. The amount of weight varies based on the type of riding you do.
Should I put a support bolt in all three Many Things straps?
We do suggest having a support bolt in all three straps. This is how we tested the strength and it will ensure a long life of the product.
What if my bike doesn’t have three holes to attach the Manything Cage?
If you don’t have three holes, we advise using a USB as the third support.
What bottles work best with each cage type?
- Iris Cage: Klean Kanteen™ (or similar brand) 27oz uninsulated or 16oz insulated water bottles and standard cycling bottles
- Stainless Steel Cage (standard & bottle down): Standard cycling bottle is best
- Titanium Cages (standard & bottle down): Standard cycling bottle is best
- Manything Cage: Many different things! Nalgene, 40oz Klean Kanteen™, Growlers or small lightweight bike packing needs (i.e. sleeping pad or light weight tent)
Why can't I find the Bar Bell, Mud Flask Cage, or KARGO Cage online?
We apologize but at this time those items have been discontinued.